International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications at least six months prior to the term in which they intend to enroll. Prospective students who plan to begin a bachelor's degree program must submit all application materials (including transcripts, declaration of financial support, etc.) at least 90 days before the planned date of arrival in order to allow time for the student to receive the visa application papers. Under extenuating circumstances, an extension may be granted. Please contact the Admissions Office for further details.
Appropriate visa application forms will be sent to the student upon receipt of an acceptable declaration of financial support to ensure that sufficient funds are available for initial housing and registration expenses upon the student's arrival in the United States.
International students on F visas are required to maintain valid immigration status throughout their stay at Olivet in order to remain in good standing with the university.
International Application Requirements
Olivet University welcomes inquiries from international students who wish to pursue a degree program at Olivet University. In addition to the normal admission requirements, an international student must comply with the following:
- 1. An applicant's admission material must be received 90 days prior to the term in which they intend to enroll.
- 2. An international student for any bachelor program must have completed a high school education from eithera U.S. high school or the equivalent education from a foreign school.
- 3. All foreign language documents must be accompanied by an official translation into English.
English Requirements for International Applicants
Olivet University requires English language proficiency on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Olivet Language Studies Proficiency Test (OLSPT) for international students whose English is not considered as their native language or dominant language in their home. International students can prove English language proficiency by meeting one of the following conditions:
- 1) A minimum TOEFL iBT total score of 61, or
- 2) A minimum TOEFL CBT score of 173, or
- 3) A minimum TOEFL PBT score of 500, or
- 4) A minimum IELTS score of 6.0, or
- 5) A minimum OLSPT score of 80, plus a minimum of 17 in OLSPT Writing and a minimum of 16 in OLSPT Speaking, or
- 6) The student is from a country where English is the official language,or
- 7) The student received a diploma from an English-speaking high school.
NOTE: Olivet University's code for submitting TOEFL score is 4218
亚洲欧洲自拍拍偷,丁香五月婷婷综合缴情,99大香蕉热视频线,xoxo免费观看日本影院High school transcripts of students who have graduated from an English medium secondary school may also be reviewed to determine if the student must participate in proficiency testing.
亚洲欧洲自拍拍偷,丁香五月婷婷综合缴情,99大香蕉热视频线,xoxo免费观看日本影院If an international applicant recently earned a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution where English was the language of instruction, he or she may submit a written request to the Admissions Committee explaining why he or she should be excused from taking the TOEFL, IELTS or other valid standard tests. The Admissions Committee will make the final decision on whether or not the applicant is excused from taking a language exam.
Students who demonstrate they are not prepared for a postsecondary education in their program are required to make up this deficiency prior to the start of their study.
Conditions for Issuing Form I-20
Olivet University is authorized to issue the Form I-20 documentation, allowing students to achieve the F-1 student visa status. Please be aware that the US immigration law is constantly changing. Students must confirm the accuracy of the following information with the Office of Admissions. Students must have the Form I- 20 from Olivet before going to the U.S. Consulate/Embassy to apply for visa.
亚洲欧洲自拍拍偷,丁香五月婷婷综合缴情,99大香蕉热视频线,xoxo免费观看日本影院Following conditions must be met before the Form I-20 can be issued to an applicant:
- 1. Acceptance of admission to Olivet University
- 2. The applicant must present evidence that he/she has funds to meet all expenses for the entire period of study, including round-trip transportation, living costs, health insurance, fees, tuition and books.
- 3. A deposit is generally required of applicants currently residing outside of the U.S. The amount of the deposit varies depending on Olivet University's assessment of the applicant's ability to meet the
financial obligations of a student.
Declaration of Financial Support
International students who do not have permanent resident status in the United States will be considered for admission to Olivet University only if they can meet the requirements of a declaration of financial support for themselves and all dependents (spouse and children) who are accompanying them to the United States. If the dependents are remaining in their home country, the university strongly recommends that appropriate financial arrangements be made to care for the dependents during the entire time the student is away (in addition to the arrangements made for the student's expenses in the United States).
亚洲欧洲自拍拍偷,丁香五月婷婷综合缴情,99大香蕉热视频线,xoxo免费观看日本影院The declaration of financial support may come from one or a combination of the following sources that will actually provide the necessary funds for study and living expenses. This information must be documented in a bank or financial statement reflecting the equivalent in American dollars, the date the account was opened, the average balance and the current balance.
- Church/Denomination or Organization letter stating specific monthly support intentions and their bank statement
- Personal Bank statement with US exchange rate
- Family Bank statement with supporting letter of that family member stating specific monthly support
Instructions for completing the declaration of financial support
- The declaration of financial support must be fully and properly completed. It must be typed or clearly printed in ink.
- Support from individuals: If you have more than one sponsor, please make copies of the declaration of financial support and have it signed by each of the different sponsors. Note that the declaration of financial support must be signed by the sponsor (s) and by the student, as witness.
- Church, organizations and/or government sponsors: The director(s) of the organization should fill out the declaration of financial support and enclose a signed letter from the organization, and bank statement, guaranteeing their support to you.
- Supporting evidence of financial resources must be attached to the declaration of financial support. It may consist of one or a combination of the following:
- Your personal Bank Statement, with the U.S. exchange rate, if you are going to sponsor yourself during your studies. It has to show sufficient resources to complete your degree program
- An original letter from a bank or other financial institution in which the sponsor has savings deposits, certificates of deposit, money market certificates, or other types of accounts. Note that the letter must be in official stationery and states: (1) date when the accounts were opened and (2) the availability of the individual's or the organization's funds.
F-1 Student Visa Status
- Financial support may come from personal, private, and organizational sources
- The student must register full-time while in the United States
- Spouses have no employment options
- Student employment is limited to 20 hours maximum while school is in session
- Family bank statement with supporting letter of that family member stating specific monthly support
intentions is required
- Health insurance for student and family required continuously while in the United States
Permanent Resident Alien Status
Applicants who are not citizens of the United States, but do have official permanent resident status, must submit supplemental application materials as follows:
- A photocopy of official, current Permanent Resident Alien (PRA) card. Olivet University admissions personnel must photocopy this card.
- Official English translations of all documents. If issued in a language other than English, transcripts must be accompanied by a literal and officially certified English translation.
- Olivet University reserves the right to notify students attempting to transfer credits received in secondary degrees or courses completed at universities outside the United States that they must have their non- U.S. academic transcripts evaluated by an academic transcript evaluating agency using a course-by- course report. Olivet prefers that transcripts be evaluated by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) to determine their level and authenticity. Once international applicants have submitted their official transcript(s), they will be notified whether an AACRAO evaluation will be required. (Credentials evaluation reports are the financial responsibility of the applicant.)
NOTE: Concerning current Permanent Resident Aliens
- Health insurance for student and family required continuously while in the United States
- No declaration of financial support is required